Monday, February 27, 2012

I warned you

To follow up on my last post, I survived February vacation week.  I won't say that it didn't have its moments, but I am now writing about what I predicted I would.  Luckily my husband read my mind and realized that those moments had potential to become fiascoes, so before he left me alone with the kids, he made sure that I was relaxed enough handle the job without him, and he surprised me with a day trip over to The Woodstock Inn in Vermont.  The good news about there being little snow while you're on a ski vacation is that it gives you an excuse to spend the day at the spa instead of on the slopes, especially when it's in a brand new LEED certified space!

Over the years, I have been to this part of Vermont many times and I am always surprised by how sophisticated such a quaint little town can be.  Not only are there great shops to wander in and out of, but there are lots of gourmet dining options as well, including The Restaurant at Simon Pearce in the neighboring village of Quechee.   But, as fabulous as the area is, the Inn steals the show and I was happy enough to spend the afternoon there.  Think rustic chic - a little Thos. Moser mixed in with reclaimed wide plank wood floors and some mod lighting - oh, and an incredible Swedish massage that I didn't have to hope for after the trip...



 



 




No comments:

Post a Comment