Wednesday, February 15, 2012

I have an addiction

My sister just moved into a new house so this week I stopped by to check it out.  When I got there, she wasn't home, so I decided to do some exploring through her cute little town.  When I spotted a flower shop, I thought that I might as well pick her up a housewarming gift.  I was thankful that I didn't come prepared because what I found inside made my week - a perfect pair of newly reupholstered Dutch armchairs!  When I commented to the salesperson that I liked them, she let me know that they were for sale.  Before I had even picked out which plant to buy, I had committed to the pair. 

I've come to realize that I have a chair addiction, especially if they are offered in pairs and on the cheap.  In past posts I have written about how I like to rework used furniture, and almost always, that means some kind of chair.  Regardless of the fact that we don't need another chair, the fabric was a cute cheetah print in that spring, grass-green colorway that I love.  It really is true that if you keep your eyes open, you'll find a treasure.  So not only did I walk away from the florist with a beautiful purple orchid but my dining room got some new friends....






No comments:

Post a Comment