Sunday, November 13, 2011

The family closet

When me moved into our house, the first thing that I insisted on was moving the laundry room up from the basement to the second floor - where clothes naturally come off and on.  As a growing family with little kids, I couldn't imagine trekking down two flights of stairs multiple times a day to do the wash.  We were turning a spare bedroom into our master dressing room so we had an extra closet that wasn't going to be used.  Hence, the laundry room ended up in ours. 

At first I loved the convenience of it being in our room - throw a load in before bed, switch it in the morning when I get up, and fold the clothes while the kids are in the tub...  But, now that the kids are in every activity under the sun and changing three times per day, the wash is nonstop and my bedroom is turning into the family closet.  I'm still 100% on board for having the laundry room on the second floor of the house, but the novelty of having it in my bedroom has worn off.  Now I am left drooling over this one with multiple washing machines, lots of storage, and a great table to fold on.  Honestly, this is becoming my dream room...




kitchendetailsanddesign.com

3 comments:

  1. I totally understand your predicament! I bet your bed has folded laundry all over it alot of the time!
    An attractive and functional laundry room is such a luxury. I wrote a blog post a while back on Bright and Stylish Laundry Rooms http://blog.lesliefineinteriors.com/slider/bright-and-stylish-laundry-rooms/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Leslie! My beautiful Jim Thompson upholstered headboard is constantly being shielded by stacks of clothes and a pile of socks waiting to be matched. Thanks for sharing your ideas - It's amazing how much my priorities have changed...

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the idea of turning a spare bedroom into this amazing master laundry room...it's beautiful!!! You are a supermom! :)

    ReplyDelete