Tuesday, September 6, 2011

A new year

Aaaaahhhh, Fall.  My favorite time of the year.  Today, in fact, is my favorite day of the year.  Forget New Year's for making resolutions, the day AFTER Labor Day has always been my fresh start.  The kids are back at school, and it's time to get organized, get motivated, and breathe in the changing of the season...

Autumn to most means falling leaves, apple picking and carving pumpkins; earthen colors that make you want to put on a sweater, make a pie, and go tailgating.  This year, however, the colors of the design world are telling it to us differently - bright hues of chartreuse and orange are replacing the burnt out colors that we're accustomed to seeing.  For me, the move is a little too severe.  I'm wanting a compromise.  Think of how beautiful they can be when coupled together.  A bit of fall with a burst of life - a burst of energy - a fresh start...



No comments:

Post a Comment