Sunday, November 18, 2012

Closing ceremonies

Today was the last day of the Show House, and tonight after its close, we all got together one last time to celebrate with a final toast(s).  Sitting in the kitchen of The Potter Estate on a Sunday evening sipping champagne with the wonderful designers that I have come to know as friends over the past few months was bittersweet.  We heard that over 6,000 people came through the House and were told that this was the biggest and most successful House that the JLB has ever had.  Proud and humbled, I was honored to be included in such a crowd.  In this final post about the House (and yes, I will be getting back to real life blogging, soon), I just wanted to thank the League for giving me this great opportunity.  In the seven-plus years that I have been in business, I have never formally advertised.  Not only did I sell a great deal of merchandise during my stint at the House, but I went through nearly 2,000 business cards and have already received a few phone calls.  Regardless of where this takes me professionally, I am confident the experience was well worth my while, and given the chance to do it all over again, YOU BETCHA!


No comments:

Post a Comment