Monday, December 5, 2011

The need for speed

When I started decorating, my first job received a lot of press, and the project was featured in some local papers.  But since then, I haven't given much thought or effort into getting published - until recently.  There comes a point in your career when suddenly you want some validation that what you're doing is worthy of continuing on its journey.  After all, working while raising a family requires a lot juggling and missed moments on both sides, and sometimes I wonder if choosing one over the other would be better in the long run.

A few weeks ago, a freelance style writer contacted me about an article that she was doing for a local magazine about holiday decorating.  While this really isn't what I was expecting to be showcasing, I was happy for the introduction.  It turns out that I like to talk about what I do, regardless of what angle it's coming from.  In fact, I love what I do, and the more that I have on my plate, the more I need the creative outlet.  (Remember that description of myself from my 1st blog post??)

http://spacetograce.blogspot.com/2011/05/let-me-introduce-myself.html

And now here I am, seven years later, finally putting myself out there, butting in on Twitter chats, posting my blogs to Facebook, and finding peers and friends along the way who are constantly expanding the conversation and cheering each other on, encouraging one another to share their work.  The digital age is speeding along, and although I'm a little late to the train, I'm ready to jump on. 

So here it is, my debut in Newton Living (page 24, Lights Out)...

http://issuu.com/newtonliving/docs/nldj2012?mode=window&backgroundColor=%23222222

No comments:

Post a Comment