Monday, May 14, 2012

The Brimfield rundown


Last Thursday I finally made it out to Brimfield, MA, for the annual outdoor antique festival (and a fabulous Tweet Up event generously hosted by Gretchen Aubuchon of Fashion + Decor, Cynthia Bogart of The Daily Basics, Aubuchon Hardware, Benjamin Moore, Company C, and Kathryn Markel Fine Arts).  If you haven't been, picture the most enormous flea market you've ever seen, and then picture it bigger.  It happens three times per year and goes on for miles with vendors showing and selling their wares from all over the country.  Yes, there is a lot of junk to sort through, but if you have the patience and comfortable shoes (or in my case, a pair of wellies to get through the mud), then you are bound to find a few treasures.  Here are some noteworthy favorites that I came across...

Antique textiles from Pandora Lux Linens




Lesser known antique textiles from Austria for just $20/yard!



Authentic Swedish furniture from Lone Ranger Antiques



Decoupage lamps and original artwork from Mary Maguire of Lyme, CT




Custom lampshades handmade in Vermont


Lots of jugs and jars to add some character



A few things for the bathroom



And finally, a few things to bring home.  I loved this sweet little monogrammed hand towel.


And I found a Wedgwood ring box to add to my daughter's collection.


And, last but certainly not least, I finally bought my very own cowhide rug!


Can't wait for next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment