Monday, January 16, 2012

Bringing Sedona indoors

In my last post, I put up some photographs from this weekend's trip to Sedona.  I felt an instant connection to the landscape and thought that the natural beauty of the area could be easily translatable to the way I look at interiors.  Taking my digital learning curve up another notch, below you will find attached my Pinterest board.

http://pinterest.com/elizabethhome/sedona/

My jumping off point for the whole design is Phillip Jeffries Java Cork wallcovering.  To me, it is a literal interpretation of the red rocks of Sedona.  I would love to use this as a focal wall in a bedroom.  To soften it up, I would place a wood and upholstered headboard in front of it in a Lee Jofa mossy green velvet.  Paired with some southwestern influenced textiles, a little leather, some animal skin (faux or real), and a few pieces of clean-lined furnishings, this would be quite a little adobe villa of your own!

No comments:

Post a Comment