Thursday, December 8, 2011

A needle in the haystack

I love new clients.  They are a good reminder that there are always new and exciting products to be discovered in the ever changing world of interior design.  While there are many ways to begin a project, I like to figure out the color palette first.  From here, I can think about cabinetry, wood stains, flooring, etc.  And, being fortunate enough to be so close to the Boston Design Center, I have the luxury of thumbing through wings of fabrics, hundreds (even thousands) of different patterns and textures, every time I need to find just one.  When you have a new relationship, it all becomes fresh again, and uncovering a new scheme can be really fun. 

Before entering the building, I usually have a general idea of what I'm after (or at least a favorite color to start with), but it's not until I come across a few something-specials that momentum starts to build.  If I can get just one piece right, then the rest will fall into place.  After all, there are so many great fabrics houses out there to mix-and-match with!

For this particular open kitchen/great room space, I'm thinking about Ben Moore's Mountainscape (870) on the walls, Vermont white granite countertops, a sensibly chic farm table, some painted pale blue, wooden bar stools and these...

No comments:

Post a Comment